If you’re part of the baby boomer generation that was born from 1946 to 1965, you’ve probably heard of CBD topical and oral supplements within the past few years. And, if you haven’t tried it yourself, you probably know someone who has. Many boomers have questions, such as “Why are people my age turning to CBD?” and “What’s available?” We’ll answer these questions and others below.
CBD: What Is It?
In case there’s any confusion, the CBD gummies and supplements available in stores and online won’t get you high, because they don’t contain THC. While both compounds are extracted from cannabis plants, CBD isn’t psychoactive like its counterpart THC.
Is it legal to buy and use CBD creams and supplements? Yes, but it’s tricky in some cases. 2018’s farm bill made hemp legal for use in the United States. As long as the CBD is extracted from cannabis plants with less than .3% THC, it’s legal. With the legalization of cannabidiol, the supplement market has grown by leaps and bounds.
Why Consume CBD Supplements?
CBD topical products are popular right now, but what brought them to the forefront? Cannabidiol is being studied for numerous medical conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, anxiety, and diabetes, but many users have turned to CBD cream and edibles as a natural treatment for common conditions.
One of the most common reasons people, especially those in the baby boomer age group, use CBD is to treat muscle and joint pain. Cannabidiol has significant pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, both of which can work to soothe tired, achy, and sore muscles and joints.
Anxiety disorders affect one in 13 people, making them one of the world’s most common mental illnesses. With its antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects, it’s no surprise that people are turning to CBD to treat these conditions. Many who suffer from anxiety disorders don’t seek treatment, so if you believe you’re affected, we recommend consulting a physician.
According to the experts, CBD may work to regulate dopamine and serotonin, reduce anxiety and stress, and reverse the neuroinflammation that comes with many mood disorders. Many boomers who use cannabidiol supplements do so to take advantage of these mood-lifting properties.
These supplements may also help users fall and stay asleep. Conditions such as chronic anxiety and pain can affect the quality of sleep, but CBD cream and oral supplements can help by easing the discomfort that keeps users awake.
What Kind of CBD Supplements are Available?
Cannabidiol supplements are available in many forms. You’ll find vape pens, edibles, capsules, topicals, and oils. Which type should you choose? The answer depends on your reasons for taking it.
- While CBD oil vapes offer fast absorption, they can present problems for those with breathing issues. It’s hard to control the dose with a vape, and it’s important to choose those that use solvent-free oils.
- CBD oil is taken under the tongue, which means they’re absorbed quickly.
- Edibles such as CBD gummies and capsules are swallowed and then digested, so they may take longer to kick in.
- CBD topicals are applied to the skin, which means they’re great for those seeking localized results. CBD creams, for example, can fight pain at the source and provide quick relief.
No matter which type of CBD products you need, Hemp Emu has them. Call or click today to learn more about our selection of high-quality cannabidiol products.
How Does CBD Affect Baby Boomers?
CBD is one of more than 100 compounds that can be extracted from cannabis plants. Unlike its cousin THC, CBD isn’t psychoactive, which means it doesn’t provide the euphoric feeling for which marijuana is known. In the sections below, we’ll discuss some of the biggest benefits of CBD for boomers.
- Pain control. As we age, we often encounter chronic pain and other issues. A CBD roll-on is a proven pain reliever that’s safer than some over-the-counter medicines that may lead to kidney or liver issues.
- Help with coordination. Another prevalent issue among people in this age group is diminished coordination. Though CBD isn’t a cure-all, it may help users manage some symptoms. Similarly, it provides relaxing effects that help the body prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Eliminating prescription problems. Many baby boomers are at a life stage where long-term medicating is necessary. Combining these needs with the rising cost of prescriptions can get expensive fast—especially for those on fixed incomes.
Considering these factors, as well as the safety and cost-effectiveness of these products, it makes a lot of sense that boomers are turning to alternative remedies like CBD supplements.
Which Products are Best for People in This Age Group?
Cannabidiol products affect baby boomers and other age groups in most of the same ways, which means your choice will likely come down to personal preference. These supplements are grouped into four categories, which suit those with various usage criteria and lifestyle factors.
- Tinctures and oils. A CBD tincture or oil is the most straightforward way to consume cannabidiol. These products typically come in dropper bottles, which makes it easy to take them alone or with food and drinks.
- CBD edibles are beverages and foods infused with cannabidiol extracts. Edibles are popular because they’re discreet and easy to consume.
- CBD vapes are a quick delivery method that’s easy to use. While most vapes are made with oils, it’s also possible to grind and vape cannabidiol flower.
- Lotions and creams. CBD topicals, lotions, and creams are applied directly to the skin. The speed with which effects appear may differ according to personal factors and the area to which a product such as a CBD roll-on is applied.
Are you looking for one of the widest selections of cannabidiol products? Whether you’re a total newbie or a long-time user, Hemp Emu can help you find them. We offer top-quality CBD gel, edibles, CBD topicals, oils, and other products at affordable prices, and we invite you to check out our selection today.
CBD introduced boomers to a range of products that provide alternative solutions to many of the problems associated with old age. While aging is a natural and inevitable process, it’s also an unforgiving one. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t age comfortably and gracefully. With the market’s best CBD tincture, oils, vapes, and topical products, we give you the power and ability to make informed choices that positively affect your life and wellness.